We are pleased to announce that registration for the ASPIS 2nd Open Symposium (24-25 November 2022, Barcelona-Sitges, Spain) is now open.
The symposium will present the latest work of the ASPIS cluster formed by the three Horizon 2020 consortia: ONTOX, PrecisionTox, and RISK-HUNT3R and focus on the implementation of New Approach Methodologies (NAMs) for chemical risk assessment.
The objectives of the ASPIS 2nd Open Symposium:
- To highlight relevant technologies for improving chemical safety assessment and the regulation of hazardous substances;
- To increase confidence in the use of NAMs and to broadly promote their applications for effective risk management;
- To identify barriers and provide solutions for the reduction, refinement and replacement of animal testing (the 3Rs principle);
- To promote early career researchers and create a network of next generation decision makers;
- To facilitate communication among ASPIS and international stakeholders.
The symposium is kindly hosted by the 21st International Congress of the European Society of Toxicology In Vitro (ESTIV) a bi-annual appointment aiming to create a forum of scientists in a unique atmosphere for discussions and knowledge exchange focusing on the development of in vitro and in silico approaches.
Registration for the ASPIS 2nd Open Symposium is free of charge and open to the public.
24 November 2022:
08870 Sitges, Barcelona
– RISK-HUNT3R, ASPIS chair
– ASPIS regulatory forum coordinator
– PrecisionTox, coordinator
– PrecisionTox, working group coordinator
– Vrije Universiteit Brussel
– ONTOX, working group leader